Import Entry Writer-Glen Burnie, Maryland
Import Entry Writer NOTE: This is not an administrative position. We are currently seeking an experienced Import Entry Writer to join our team of professionals in Glen Burnie, Maryland. The Import Entry Writer is responsible for ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client requirements and company objectives. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Manage […]
Import Entry Writer
NOTE: This is not an administrative position.
We are currently seeking an experienced Import Entry Writer to join our team of professionals in Glen Burnie, Maryland. The Import Entry Writer is responsible for ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client requirements and company objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and ensure the correct and consistent implementation of all procedures related to customers’ clearance and cargo movement
- Handle Ocean and Air Import shipments from A-Z
- Rates negotiation and quotation
- Booking/Documentation/Insurance and ISF
- Prepare all documentation as required by US law, while complying with multi-country import requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications and Skills
- Must have experience in Import Broker documentation processing, freight forwarding and customs rules and regulations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the Import Brokerage field
- Strong knowledge of Prior Notice, FDA Clearance/Product Codes and USDA exam handling
- Knowledge of customs clearance and dealing with various government agencies
- Familiarity with Import Administration and Regulation
- Ability to use the HTS, working with duty rates, OGA requirements and ABI input
- RLF, ISF (10+2) Wearing apparel, FDA, USDA knowledge a plus
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) designation helpful.
- Aptitude to think critically about the details of a task at hand
- Ability to adjust changing priorities and meet an updated schedule
- Pro-actively develop ideas to improve the position responsibilities
- Ability to work independently, make appropriate decisions, and be assertive
- Be a team player, working closely with teammates for a positive outcome.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills, overall good communication skills as it relates to job duties, tasks and other responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Outlook (Email), and Internet.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills, strong attention to details, ability to work effectively under pressure, ability to solve logistical problems as necessary.
- Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the position.
- Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment.
- Professional and courteous phone manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- We offer a generous compensation package, including competitive pay based on experience, benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD, as well as a 401(k) planJob Type: Full-time
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for one of the listed positions, please send an email message with your resume attached in a MS Word file to
Your resume should include the following information:
1. Name, address and phone number
2. Date you will be available to begin work
3. Position you are applying for and location
4. Any special qualifications, knowledge or skills
5. Your education history
6. Your employment history
7. Salary requirement